Search This Blog

Saturday, December 4, 2010


Love Turned Away

With the wind hissing through my hair,
I walk, gazing upon the distorted beauty of the sea.
The sounds of waves lapping upon the beach,
Soothes my soul, relieving this depression in me.

A life spent apart, avoiding contact with others,
Shunning what others have spent their lifetime seeking.
Fearful of the rejections of lovers,
I turned my back on any who might be looking.

Sheltering myself from perceived danger,
Allowing no one close whom may cause harm.
I pushed away from myself that, which I most wanted,
A simple touch, a caress, the feeling of a lover's charm.

Love seemed to be passing me by,
Slipping away to eternity.
Like sand slipping through my fingers,
Far too long I have allowed it to be.

How can I change this course I've taken,
This self defeating attitude of life.
Throw off this cloak of depression,
That is causing me such strife.

Oh that I could only open up this heart,
Ignore all the damage to it that's been done.
Let my feelings pour forth like a burst dam,
Allow love into my life from just one.

I cling to a tread of hope,
That you will be the one.
Whose smile will come to embrace me,
I pray with you love has come.

A rent, a tear, a hole in my armor,
Could this be the beginning of love's emotion.
Is it possible that you are to be the one,
Who will capture my heart with loving devotion.

I feel a weakness, a breaking down of walls,
Slowly then faster she has torn them apart.
Finding that within me I'd thought long lost,
A new beginning. A new life to start.

Love, so long denied and hidden,
Blazes forth like the rising sun.
The dam has burst and love floods in,
So many years lost, my love she has won.

These feelings should have always been there.
Had I not turned a blind eye toward love.
Never again will I have a heart of stone,
Like the one pried open with the gentleness of a dove.

With the wind hissing through my hair,
I walk gazing upon the beauty of the sea.
The sounds of waves lapping upon the beach,
Soothing my soul, at last my love has been set free.

No comments:

Post a Comment